Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oral Cancer. My personal Journey

I had a check up with the ENT doctor today. He pronounced everything okay after numbing my throat and running a scope down there and looking around while I gagged. It was a giant relief. I have said many times that I truly try to live my life one day at a time and I do try to do that. However cancer is truly a life threatening condition that I know can reoccur at any time. Every time that I feel a little discomfort anywhere in my body I wonder, could this be serious?
My throat has been plugged lately with thick drainage caused by allergies. This has caused me a little soreness as well as congestion. I was concerned enough that I took a Xanax last night about an hour before going to bed because I felt that I would lay awake worrying about the exam today. This disease has humbled me. I am very, very thankful and grateful that I am alive and feel as good as I do. I do know who to thank for this also. I felt like skipping and singing when I left the doc's office today. Today is a good day. Need I say more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home