Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

Oral cancer. My personal journey.
I was diagnosed with oral cancer recently. I am going to try to document my journey both emotional and physical for as long as I am able. Normally when I write something I let it rest for a day or two and then edit it. I might do this two or three times. I am not going to do that here. I will write it as I experience it. I am late getting this started so the first two or three entries will come from memory and may conflict somewhat. I feel that I am now caught up and all blogs from today on should be completely accurate. The news, that I have cancer terrified me at first. It still does when I let my mind wander. I have been taking an anti anxiety medicine which helps somewhat.
The outpouring of love and offers of help have completely overwhelmed me, and have caused me to breakdown several times. I try to hold it together but sometimes I simply can’t. People are wonderful when the chips are down. I have been placed on prayer lists at many churches. I am very thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home