Sunday, May 31, 2009

snopes

Have you ever received an email stating something like this.The government states in a secret document that the sky is falling, or that Russia is building a monster bomb. Perhaps the email might state that an anonymous government official states that he has proof that aliens have landed and walk among us. We all have received emails of this variety. I received one today telling me that I must take action right away to stop the government from passing senate bill sb2099. The writer stated that this bill would make registration of all fire arms mandatory in 2009 and that there would be a $50 tax on each one. This all sounded pretty official. Fortunately I know of a web site that debunks a lot of this crap. The site is titled snopes.com. I went to this site and typed sb2099 in search and was given the truth which basically said that this bill was introduced in 2000 and more or less fell flat on it's face. I have found that this site will give you the real scoop and that if they don't know the real scoop they will tell you so. Check it out. Type snopes.com and take a look for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home