Monday, October 18, 2010

Hanging a new storm door

I have been struggling with hanging a storm door all afternoon. I finally quit. It got to dark to see. I have hung several storm doors in the past but this one is different. The frame had to be built out about 3 inches. The hardest part of hanging a door is visualizing the installation of the Z channel. It always takes me a while to figure that out. Anyway, I have the frame hung and tomorrow I will finish the installation. I am a little concerned with the possibility of interference with the main door and storm door handles hitting each other. That will present a problem that will require building the door out even more. My fingers are crossed!!

The front of our house faces directly south. The living areas are on the north side of the house. The bedrooms which are on the front of the house get all of the winter sunshine while the back is dark. This storm door is a full glass door and will allow us to open the inner door which will allow more light into the main part of the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home