Thursday, March 18, 2010

blogging again

A friend asked me the other day why I stopped blogging. I guess that I just didn't have anything much to say. I have decided to start up again.
I recently discovered Facebook and have really enjoyed poking around there. Most of my older grandkids are there and I can keep in contact with them. Both of my daughters are there also. There is an area dedicated to finding high school or college classmates and I have been in contact with several of them after locating them on Facebok. Some of these classmates have recent photos of themselves. It's hard for me to understand how I remained so young looking and these other people have gotten so old looking. :?) It's only been forty nine years since graduation.

On another note: My wife asked me if I thought much about the posibility of the cancer returning. I told her that I think about it everyday. It is the elephant in the room! I do not dwell on it however. Mostly it is a passing thought which I put out of my mind. I live my life one day at a time. I read something the other day in a novel. This old woman advised her daughter to look at everything as if she were seeing it ffor the first or laast time. I really liked that piece of advice. I live my life one day at a time. I have found that the birds sing louder; The grass is greener; and the flower colors are much more vibrant when I live like this.

I recently read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. This novel was written in 1943 and is a historical novel about a girl who grew up in poverty in Brooklyn near the turn of the century. I had heard of this book over the years but had never read it. WOW! What a great book. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home