Sunday, February 13, 2005

switching news papers

I quit the Richmond Times Dispatch news paper and started The Daily Press from Norfolk. The Times dispatch got to where they didn't seem to care if the paper got delivered or not, and they were the most politically biased paper that I ever read. They were 1000% Republican and didn't even try to be fair at all. They made me ill! We will try the Daily Press for a while. I know one thing for sure already. They said that there would be a paper here this morning and they were right. It is to early to tell whether they have any political leanings yet.
I feel that the nation lost one of the minor joys when Dave Barry stopped his humor column. I really looked forward to reading him on Sunday mornings, and would sometimes cut his column out and mail it to my daughter Nancy. It was a blow when the comic strips Outland, and Calvin and Hobbs went out of publication, but we all survived. The Daily Press has picked up Berkeley Breathed's strip Opus which I am glad to see. Berkley Breathed has one fine comic mind.

The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home