Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I've been thinking too much

I have been thinking a lot lately which is a dangerous thing for me to do!! I don’t have the best thinker in the world. I keep hearing that things will be better when the economy turns around. What I don’t understand is how can the economy turn around when there will be no good jobs out there. I am talking about good solid middle class American jobs. Industry has gone to Asia. Very little is manufactured here. Even the tech jobs have disappeared,
They are in India and Pakistan. Plumbers, electricians, and carpenter jobs have gone to low wage migrant workers. So if the average middle class person can not get a job with sufficient wages and benefits how can the economy turn around?. These people were the engine that drove our economy. The only things that they are driving anymore are old cars! What is it about this that I don’t understand?
Another thought; A person making twenty five dollars an hour pays roughly five dollars per hour in taxes. A person making eight dollars an hour pays only a dollar and sixty cents an hour. This severely reduces the money available for our government to run on. I wonder if any of the knuckleheads in Washington considered this as they let our jobs disappear overseas?
Now China owns a large portion of the USA. They have loaned us billions. We have even sold some of our toll roads to foreign countries so that we could have some quick cash. This all needs to stop! I believe that it is time to place tariffs on this stuff coming from overseas. We need to make it profitable for companies to bring their factories here. We need our government to act. For some reason, I don’t expect this to happen any time real soon.
The Old Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home