Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ahhh pea soup! My favorite!

I made a pot of the worst split pea soup that the world has ever tasted! Bleahhh! During the process Pat said to me, "Here honey. Use this chicken stock that I have in the freezer here." So being a responsible pleasing husband I said, "Okey dokey there little woman who controls the amount of sex in this household. Anything to please you!" So I mixed up all the ingredients and cooked it for an hour and a half. I then went to a meeting and couldn't wait to get home to eat a big bowl of pea soup with some nice chewy bread, "Yum Yum! says I!"My mouth was watering all the way home. I fixed a big bowl as soon as I walked in the house and took a big spoonful. "Bleahhhh!!! and Pffffttt!" says I. "Honey this tastes like apple jelly. Maybe some Tabasco and a little salt will help." So I added a liberal amount of salt and Tabasco. "Double bleaahhh!" says I. "You know what?" says she who must be obeyed. I think one of those jars wasn't chicken stock! I think I remember freezing a jar of apple juice!" Now the question is how do you dispose of 1 1/2 gallons of apple flavored pea soup!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home