Wednesday, February 16, 2005

hints of spring

It was a beautiful warm day here today, and there were hints of spring every where. Camelias are starting to open, there is a slight hint of green in some of the grass, and one of my favorite signs of spring, the Spring Peepers were peeping there little hearts out in the marshes and ditches around the area. I just sometimes stop what I am doing when I here the Peepers. They bring such joy. The real harbinger of spring will arrive any day. They are the Ospreys, and I love to watch them on the nest box in the creek in front of the house. The pair that nest in this box have raised 3 chicks each of the last two years,
Glenn and I picked up a load of horse manure in Gloucester and brought it home to our gardens and compost piles, and I worked on trying to remove some of the stumps left over from hurricane Isabel. The woods along the highways are still filled with fallen trees. I imagine that it will be years before the woods look normal again. I am completely worn out tonight from plain old over exertion.
Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home