Thursday, April 27, 2006

three more day before adventure begins

I awoke at 5:30 AM. This is good. Normally I wake up at 2:00AM like most other old men do, get up and pee, and then go back to sleep within twenty minutes or so. The last few mornings sleep has not been regained as easily. I start thinking about the trip and can't go back to sleep. I decided this morning that I would get up when I saw that it was 5:30 and do some emailing and some blogging. It is nice sitting here in the dark with no one except Ted the killer poodle dog who is guarding my ankles as I type this.
I have almost finished packing. This has been difficult because I just can't take everything that I would like to take do to room. I also have gone over and over things trying to make sure that I don't leave anything out that may be desperately needed. My doc prescribed a wide spectrum antibiotic as well as Vicodin in case some member of the crew needs either one of them. The captain of the boat says to bring only four pair of underwear, four pair of socks, and four T shirts. One will be in the washing process, one will be drying, one will be worn , and there will be one spare. I will probably make a trip to Deltaville today to drop my gear off at the boat. Pat is cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for the crew of three Brits and myself Saturday afternoon. I have also asked Tony, another Brit who is living on his boat, at the marina, if he would like to come as well,
I still have some items on my honey do list to get done before Saturday, and I will hopefully finish tose today.
The weatherman says that the temp will only be about 64 Sunday which will mean the 50's at night. Standing watch at 2;00Am will probably make me glad that I packed additional long underwear and purchased an additional fleece jacket yesterday.
The Ol' Curmudgeon

1 Comments:

Blogger Tillerman said...

Great story. Now I remember why I race a small boat and don't do cruising.

June 15, 2006 at 8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home