Friday, February 17, 2006

poetry reading

Pat and I went to Newport News the other night to an open mike session at Java Joe's coffee house. There were approximately forty people there, Most of them were poets who read two or three pieces each, Some of them were very good while others were off of the wall and I couldn't understand any of their stuff. I read several of my poems including, Lunch At Costco's which really caused some laughter. It made me feel really good. I will certainly go again in March.
The annual Florida Keys fishing trip is coming up soon. We will leave on Sunday the 12th of March and will drive straight through to Marathon. It is about an eighteen hour drive.
I played golf yesterday in some very unseasonable weather. The temperature got to sixty eight degrees. Not bad for February 16th!! Major changes are expected starting today. A storm is coming from the Arctic. Strong winds, cold temps. and snow are expected here. The natives will clean the shelves at the grocery stores today. That used to make us laugh when we first moved here. If snow was mentioned on the weather report everyone went grocery shopping for the staples.
I have been enjoying the olympics on TV, but think that Bodie Miller's mama didn't paddle his little ass enough when he was a kid. He reportedly says that he doesn't care if he wins a medal or not and has displayed an attitude of arrogance.. That is not the proper attitude as far as I am concerned. The American ski team has a budget of several million dollars. Maybe it would be better spent on someone who does care! I'm sure that some of the big doners will be reluctant to waste their money on the ski team next year on a team that caters to a spoiled little brat!!
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home