Sunday, October 29, 2006

elections are at hand

The elections are at hand thank the lord!!! I don't know whether I can stand one more minute of TV ads where each candidate refers to his or her opponent as a low life scum sucker! These people ought not be elected! If the allegations are true they should instead be prosecuted. What do these ads do to children's minds? " Daddy; Why did you and mommy vote for George Allen? The people on TV say he is a scum sucking bottom feeder." We try to teach our children to treat others with respect and then bombard them with this kind of crap. I told my wife today that I will be so glad when election day is over so that I won't have to listen to this bull shit any longer. She says that she will be glad also so that she won't have to listen to my bitching about it!! Gotta go! Here comes my nurse with the meds!
The Ol' Curmudgeon

2 Comments:

Blogger Tillerman said...

You can tell you kid that you voted for George Allen because the other guy wrote some naughty things in a book twenty years ago!

I'm with you - every campaign gets worse - why can't we get back to the good old days when you could just win by accusing your opponent of being a Catholic?

October 30, 2006 at 6:46 AM

 
Blogger ol' curmudgeon said...

You're right about the Catholic thing. There is an ad on TV now that isn't sponsered by either party. It states that we should vote for a candidate based on how he stands on the issues. Well how in the hell do you find out where they stand on issues. All they do is bad mouth ech other all of the time. Making a stand might leave them vulnerable! Lord! They wouldn't want to do that!!
The Ol' Curmudgeon

November 2, 2006 at 8:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home