Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I had my PET scan this morning. The nurse told me that I would have the results later today or by tomorrow. It is 9:45 PM and I haven't heard anything. I did not have a good feeling about the test. Maybe it was because I have been away from treatment for so long and being exposed to a hospital again just made me uncomfortable. I felt depressed today until I went to visit a member of our church who is a fellow sufferer. I have heard it said many times that when I am feeling sorry for myself or when I am feeling down the best remedy is to go do something to help someone. It worked. I felt better when I left his house.
I am not sure that the doctors realize what someone like myself is going through while waiting for the news. My mind will not quiet down. I am imagining all sorts of things. I am on pins and needles. I imagine that the doctor would call right away if the news was good and delay the call if the news was bad. Who wants to deliver bad news. It will be xanax for me at bed time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home