Thursday, April 09, 2009

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I have an appointment to see my internist this morning. I have had a problem with swollen and painful nipples for the past few weeks. My chemo doctor thinks that my pituitary gland is producing too much of the female hormone. She told me that sometimes this is caused by a small tumor on the gland, but doesn't believe that this is the case on this occasion because I just had a PET scan which showed that there was no cancer present. She also doesn't believe that the radiation damaged the gland because it is located away from the radiated area. I have learned that I should ask myself, " What has changed?" when a problem occurs. Well the only thing that changed was the radiation and chemo. Anyway...I remember having the same problem as I began to go through puberty. Man!!! I hope I don't have to go through puberty again! I almost didn't make it the first time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home