Wednesday, July 01, 2009

cat scan

I had a CAT scan last Monday. I would like to say that I wasn't concerned about what the outcome would be, but I was. Sunday, the day before the scan, I tried to get it out of my mind. My daughter and four year old grandson were here. We want to take him on a camping trip and we had to see how he would handle sleeping in the tent. Setting the tent up and playing with him kept my mind occupied for the most part. I took a Xanax before bedtime and slept well. The test was performed at 10:00 on Monday. They looked at my neck, head, and chest. I kept trying not to think about the possible outcome during the rest of the day, and was moderately succussful. Tuesday morning I waited for the dreaded call and it didn't come. I immediately thought that that meant bad news. I finally called the doctor's office about 10:30. The receptionist told me that the doctor hadn't reported in yet but that she would try to contact her. Twenty minutes later the phone rang and it was the doctor. My chest tightened up when I heard her voice. She wasted no time informing me that everything was fine. What a relief!! I told her to imagine herself getting a big hug. She laughed. I am all set now until I have a PET scan in October.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Carr said...

Glad your test came out for the better and hope all future ones do the same.

As a cancer survivor, I know the stress awaiting test results is horrendous, particularly in the critical five years after treatment.

(This is not e-mail)

My best wishes, Dave

July 1, 2009 at 11:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home