Monday, February 21, 2005

Nancy's and Charlottesville

Just got back from a weekend trip to my daughter Nancy's house in Chesterfield. We helped her do some yard work, and also helped stain and varnish some book cases. We were varnishing this morning when we noticed on the can that pregnant women shouldn't be exposed to the vapors from the polyurethane. So Pat, Nancy and I closed the house up and headed to Charlottesville for the day. I have wanted to take Nancy there for a long time and it finally happened. We had lunch at a place called The Hardware Store, which obviously had been a hardware store at one time. It was well preserved. Pat and I have eaten there before. They have the largest selection on their menu that I have ever seen. There was a whole page of ice cream deserts! Some cost as much as $15.00. Nancy freaked! Pat and I had Gellato which was okay but didn't compare with the really good stuff that we had in the Italian section of Boston.
Nancy had a sundae that had a little bit of everything on it.
After lunch we browsed the shops in town and I found some anti-George Bush buttons and got three. I will send one to Todd.
We stopped for gas in West Point and Pat said," Hey! Buy a lotto south ticket . It's worth $20,000,000." So I did and the rest of the way home we divided our winings up with the kids and various charities. It's nice to imagine being rich, but I have a feeling that all changes wouldn't be positive.
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home