Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Winter Respite

I have five more days to work this year and I will be free until probably next June. Normally I would start back to work at the marina about the middle of April, but this year I will be crewing on a sailboat headed from Deltaville, Va to Falmouth, England. The departure date is May first. The trip should take about five weeks. I may not have a job when I return.
I am looking forward to the winter down time. No grass to cut; No outside work that has to be done; and no work at the marina. I am hoping to hone some writing skills, and plan on organizing my poetry. Perhaps I will try to find a publisher for the poetry. We'll see.
December is the best time for Rock fish. They enter the bay to forage as they head down the coast. I haven't been fishing more than a few times this entire year, and would like to catch a couple of thirty pound Rocks to put in the freezer A guy at the marina gave me about sixty pounds of venison last year. He asked me today if I wanted some this year and I told him that I would take all that he wanted to give me. Last year I had probably forty pounds of Rock fish, sixty pounds of venison, and thirty pounds of Blueberries, as well as several bags of crab meat and assorted other fish in the freezer. I would like to do the same thing this year. Pat won't eat the venison which means that it is all mine! I cook it in the slow cooker with Lipton Onion soup, whole mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes. It doesn't get much better as far as I am concerned.
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home