Friday, January 09, 2009

oral cancer, my personal journey

I am feeling a little down today. I expect to feel a signifacant difference in how I feel every day but that obviously isn"t how it works. Someone who is getting over the flu feels remarkably better each day. It isn't working that way with me. I am feeling better but am not feeling better quickly enough for me. I am impatient for sure. I have also seen the inside of this house to much. I told my wife that I need to get out of here and go someplace. She said, "let's go to the Outer Banks. We can leave in an hour." So that's what we will do. It will be hard packing tube formula and medicines, and very inconvienient with eating, but we can do it. Perhaps the wind swept beaches of the outer banks will offer some tranquility. Nature has always given me answers when I am down. We will leave for Fla. in mid Feb. Man I am looking forward to warm weather and shorts!
I talked to a friend re my taste problem. I told him that acupuncture was recommended as a possibe treatment. He told me that he is a firm believer. He had shoulder pain and was treated by a doc for over a year with no results. He was told that he was going to have to live with the pain. He went to an acupunturist and was cured after two treatments. Anything is worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home