Friday, December 19, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

It hasn’t been a good day. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and didn’t get up until 7:30 this morning. I didn’t sleep for long stretches of time, but if it was all added together it probably added up to eight hours. I feel completely exhausted and slept most of the early afternoon today.
I had to get a shot, this morning, to boost my white blood count. I was told that I could feel anything from no pain to excruciating pain in my long bones as they are forced to produce more white blood cells. I certainly didn’t need that! I prayed about it and so far there has been no pain. Thank the lord!
I have really have had trouble getting the calories over the last three days. Food tastes like crap and feeling lousy makes it even harder to get it down. I am supposed to have 2500 calories a day, but I haven’t got that in the last three days. I came close today with 2250. Gag! Gag!
The chemo nurses told me that the skin on my neck looks really good. It is bronzed from the radiation but isn’t peeling.
Four more days and I will have completed my thirty five treatments. Amen!

1 Comments:

Blogger joek said...

Tom - We are heading back east in a short while. Didn't check your blog all week inasmuch as we forgot to bring your blog address with us. As a last resort I Googled you this morn and voyla (I guess that's how you spell it!) up you Googled!!! Wow - impressive.

We thought about and prayed for you all week. Hope that today is an up day.......Look fwd to seeing you when we get back. Hug your lady friend for us...We both love you both........God bless..joe and Joanne......

December 20, 2008 at 7:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home