Monday, January 05, 2009

oral cancer. My personal journey

I Purchased my new computer today (Saturday) and have spent the last 3 hours setting it up. It ain't gramma's computer that's for sure!!! This thing has 4gb of memory and a 21 inch flat screen. The case is about 1/4 the size of my other computer and the computer is at least 3 times as fast as the old one. It is so quiet. The other computer sounded like it was getting ready to escape earth's orbit. I spent an hour trying to find microsoft word pad, and finally stumbled across it moments ago.
Anyway; I am starting to turn the corner. I feel a little better each day. I actually felt a twinge of joy yesterday. I have been through more crap than I thought I could stand. Every aspect of my life was changed in some way for several weeks. Loss of taste, Taking all my food through a tube in my stomach, The restrictions on life caused by having a tube feeding every 2 and 1/2 hours. severe, severe constipation, sickness from the chemo, waking up in the middle of the night to take medicine, brushing my teeth each night with fortified tooth paste and not being able to rinse, keeping track of an endless list of medicines to take each day, a very sore throat, partial loss of hearing from fluid caused by the radiation, heavy ringing in my ears,
not having enough energy to do much more than sit in a chair and stare at the tv., dealing with thrush all through my mouth caused by the chemo, sleeplessness, etc. I am not complaining. My symptoms were a great deal less than others who have gone through the same treatment. I told the doctor yesterday that I believe that prayer was the difference. There were a lot of very caring people praying for me. He told me that my attitude also made a significant difference. I did try to keep my spirits up, and my daily blogging helped a lot also. I was really bummed out when my computer crashed at my lowest point. I simply did not have the energy to do anything about it at the time.
My next doctor's apoointment is Feb 4th. I am being set up for a PET scan on or about the 15th March. That will tell us wheter we can breath easy again. Until that time it will be one day at a time, . With god's help and strength, My wife's unbelievable dedication and love, and all of the concerned people praying and helping out I have made it this far and I am very grateful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home