Tuesday, December 30, 2008

oral cancer, My personal journey

My computer is still down. I made it in to the library today to try and update my blog a little. I have felt so badly since my last round of chemo that I simply didn't have the will or the energy to go in search of a new computer. This last round of chemo will not turn me loose. I feel like crap and have a terrible sore throat also which seems to be getting worse daily. I was told that the nadir would be about 2 to 3 weeks after my last radiation which was on the 24th of Dec.
I am sweating as I type this. My wife says that I look grey and ashen.
I am on vicodin for my throat. I will alternate that with Motrin every 2 hours. I wake up every day expecting to feel better but every day is the same.
All feeding is done through the tube now. I take only water orally. I must continue to swallow or I will lose the capacity to swallow. That is scary, and I will do my best.
Freinds have offered their computers and I may take them up on the deal. I went to Walmart today to look at computers but they have no selection at all, and I ran out of energy so I am heading home now. I will try to get to the library again soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

HI Tom,

I've been praying for you....I hope your absence is a sign of major recovery and you're busy catching up. Please check in soon.

Anna

January 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home