Saturday, January 10, 2009

oral cancer. My personal journey

I was getting undressed last night and my wife commented that she thought that I was losing weight. This caused me some concern. I weighed myself this morning and found that I have lost weight. The scales showed 165 pounds. Approximately a week ago I believe that I weighed 171. I have been shooting for 2500 calories a day. Supposedly this is what a man of my age and build requires to maintain weight. There have been days when I haven't made that amount because I get behind on my feeding schedule and then it is hard to catch up again. Of course the other thing that I think about is whether the cancer has spread to someplace else. I took two cans of formula through my tube as soon as I got up this morning and will try to feed every two and a half hours. I will shoot for 3000 calories for a few days and watch the scales. I have an appointment with the chemo doc on Monday. I know in my heart that I would not lose weight if food tasted like it was supposed to. I choke down what ever I do take by mouth so therefore don't eat a lot. I rely on the tube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home