Monday, January 12, 2009

oral cancer. My personal journey

I feel great today! I attended church yesterday and was asked to help usher as one of the ushers didn't show up. It felt really good to be involved again. All of the well wishers at church had a very positive effect on me. I felt really good yesterday also. Feeling good really feels good after all of thse weeks of feeling rotten! We attended a concert during the afternoon and then went to Subway with friends to get a sandwich. I didn't even try to eat. I waited until I got home to the comfort of my tube. :?)
I had an appointment with my chemo doctor today. My blood pressure was excellent and my blood tests showed that I was pretty close to normal in all areas. The doctor said that I can do what ever I want. My body will tell me when I am over doing it.
We stopped in to say hello to the ladies in radiation also. Everyone was wonderful. They all thought that I looked great which made me feel good.
The doctor said that I might still have a day or two where I just don't feel really good. She said that was all part of it.
My next hurdle will be somewhere around Mar 15 when I will have another PET scan which will tell the docs wheter they got it all or whether it may have gone somewhere else. I will certainly try to live my policy of one day at atime between now and then.
We will leave for three weeks in Fla somewhere around the 12th of Feb. The thought of warm breezes and shorts are filling my thoughts. I can't wait! Today I feel joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home