Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I have been feeling much better lately. The nausea that I was suffering is almost nonexistent. I thought that the nausea may be caused by taking too much formula at one time. So I cut back to a can and a half at a feeding. I also have begun to eat more and to take fewer cans of formula throughout the day. Yesterday I had a can for breakfast along with eggs, cheese, and half and half. I had another can and a half of formula later and then ate stir fry for dinner, and had another can of formula before bed. I was taking eight cans a day and am trying to cut it down to four augmented by food.
My taste is changing a tiny bit. Stuff still doesn't taste good, but it tastes differntly than it did. Toothpaste now tastes slightly sweet where before it had no taste whatever. I pray that I will get my taste back soon but am not counting on it.
Yesterday I was thinking that it could be months before my taste returns and I got thinking about how long that would be and then I remembered that I can't live in the future. I can certainly make it through today though. I must live one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home