Monday, February 28, 2005

getting ready for the keys

It's raining here to day. I knew yesterday that we would get either rain or snow. The air was damp and cold. I got chilled just standing on the deck even with no wind blowing. It started raining very early this morning, and the wind is gusting to thirty five miles per hour. There is always at least a strong breeze here by the bay in the winter, but sometimes you couldn't buy a breeze in the summer. I fired up my wood burner in the garage this morning and put the third coat of polyurethane on the book case shelves that I volunteered to do for my daughter Nancy. I also snelled up 12 very large circle hooks with eigty pound test line for Tarpon fishing in Florida. Man; I hope that I hook at least one Tarpon. I saw pictures of hooked Tarpon flying through the air six to eight feet off of the water last year, and thoughts of Tarpon fishing have been in my mind ever since. We just need the wind to lay down so that we can get fifteen miles out in the gulf to where they are.
We leave for Marathon, Florida at 3:00 A.M. on the ninth of March. I am getting more excited every day. Glenn sent the money for the campground this morning
I need to go to the garage and throw a couple more logs on the fire to dry the polyurethane, so that's enough for today.
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home