Sunday, March 06, 2005

open mic at the Bay School

Pat and I just returned from the open mic session at The Bay School Of The Arts which happens on the first Sunday of each month. I read several of my poems and truly feel that people enjoyed them. Some were serious, and some were humorous. I will include one of the serious ones in this blog. It is entitled, The Real Reason.

Away in the manger, the old hymns say
Mary lies sleeping and beside her does lay
the new baby Santa looking out on the day

In another few hours three wise men will come.
There names will be Sony, Rca, and Samsung.
Stock holders are happy. Their savior has come.

In springtime at Easter I'm sure you will see
a pretty pink bunny up there on the tree.
Retailers are happy. He died to save them you see.

The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home