Thursday, March 03, 2005

writing class ends.

I have been taking a three week long writing class at the Bay School Of The Arts here in Mathews, Va. We met for four hours each of the last three Saturdays. I have really enjoyed these classes, and wish that they would continue. We were exposed to a lot of tricks that writers use to get into their right brain. As well as a lot of tips on how to develop skills. The class consisted of twelve people. Some were college grads, and others weren't, but everyone of us was there because we enjoy writing. Our group of students will continue on our own. There is a meeting scheduled for later this month, but I will be away. I certainly will attend the next one though.
We will have open mic. again this Sunday at The Bay School. I read three of my poems last month, and will read three more this month. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to read your,"stuff" in front of people and know that they are enjoying it.
I hope someday to write some things for publication. I know that I have the skills.

The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home