Friday, April 22, 2005

Hey Nineteen!

Billy Joel was right when he introduced his song Hey Nineteen. I can't talk to someone who is in that age bracket. I was surfing through some blogs looking for someone with something interesting to say when I ran across several blogs written by high school and college aged kids. I never lived in the world that they talk about. They all talk differently when they talk to us older folk directly, but when I evesdrop on their blogs and see how their minds work, and listen to what's important to them I realize that it is impossible for me to understand where they are coming from. Probably every generation can say the same thing about the young ones.
On a different note, I was reading this months edition of the National Geographic when I became fascinated by the article on poisons. I was especially intriqued by the Borgia family so I went into Google and typed," Borgia." WOW! what a family. Most people have heard of Lucrezia Borgia, but I also found her father pretty interesting. He was a pope and he certainly wasn't pious!!! He killed many people while amassing a great fortune. Poison was the family's trademark. Catholicsim just isn't as much fun as it was back in his day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home