Wednesday, March 23, 2005

forty MPH on freeways is crazy as hell!

I recently drove up I-95 from Florida to Virginia. I tried to keep my speedometer between sixty eight and seventy two miles per hour. Traffic flew by me. Occasionally someone would be doing fifty five which would cause traffic back ups immediately. My attention was captured on numerous occasions by a speed sign that stated that the minimum speed was forty miles per hour. People that would do forty miles per hour on any one of our freeways in this country would become or cause some other poor soul to become road kill in short order. I believe that the minimum speed should be changed to fifty miles per hour on all freeways across the whole country. I thought that it would be fun to get about twenty vehicles some time to get on a busy freeway and all do forty miles per hour. Each car would be about a quarter mile from the next vehicle and the vehicles would all be positioned in different lanes. Imagine the fun! Horns blaring cars skidding sideways, terrible language, middle fingers raised in salute, cops trying to figure what's going on. Let's do it!!
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home