Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas

Today we leave for daughter Nancy's house in Chesterfield, and then it is on to Michigan for Christmas with five grandkids who are already wound pretty tightly. I remember the days of my youth when I would be so excited two weeks before Christmas that it was basically all that I thought about. The last two days were simply unbearable, and I never did more than doze all night Christmas Eve. Grand daughter Emily gets as excited as any child that I have ever seen. She really looks like she is going to explode at any moment. Last year on Christmas Eve she said," Mom! Can I scream just one time?" her mom said yes but she had to go outside and do it so she did. There was an ear spliting scream as only a little girl can do it. She came in the house after and we could tell that she still had plenty of steam left in her.
Christmas and Santa are meant for children. We enjoy spending Christmas with the grandkids and sharing their excitement. We really feel sorry for people who don't have grand kids to spend the holiday season with.
I am so excited! Just a second while I go outside and scream!!

The O' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home