Monday, January 26, 2009

oral cancer, my personal journey

I have been feeling a little better each day. In fact, most days I feel as good as I have ever felt. I was experiencing slight nausea last week. I had noo idea why. My diet and everything else was the same. I attrbutted it to being just the way it is when recovering. The last few days I have felt great! I even went to the capitol on a school bus today with other teachers, parents, grandparents, and even a few students to make our voices heard concerning budget cuts for the school system. The hardest part of the whole trip was sitting in a Five Guys hamburger joint watching some friends scarf down some burgers and fries while I drank an Insure. That experience was down right painful. I can eat but food still has no flavor so why bother? I do eat a little every day, but mostly still use the tube. I have gotten to where I can taste toothpaste. Big Whoopppeee! Who wants to taste toothpaste?
I see a hypnotherapist tomorrow. Hopefully she can make me believe that eating is enjoyable. I don't expect her to make pizza taste like pizza. I just want her to convince ne that eating is a pleasureable experience. Hoefully she can help until my taste comes back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home