Sunday, August 09, 2009

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I visited the Ear Nose and Throat doc last Wednesday. He sprayed my right nasal passage with some numbing agent and ran the scope down through my nose to take a look at my tongue and throat. Fortunately I love to gag!!! :?} He pronounced everything okay. I always feel great relief and joy when I get a good report.

On another note: The work trip to Bear Mountain and the Monocan Indians went very well. I always feel happy when I am volunteering, and working with all of the kids made the trip even more enjoyable. We learned a considerable amount about the tribes culture. The food was outstanding. The last night's dinner was buffalo burgers, roasted corn, sweet potatoes, and succotash. Mixed berries simmered with sugar and water and then poured over ice cream was our dessert. Yum Yum! We were told that indians didn't have desserts like cakes, cookies, etc. They liked sweets also so they would simmer and reduce down whatever berries were available. This was mixed with honey and eaten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home