Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas in Michigan

Ugggghhhh! I remember now why we moved from Michigan to Virginia thirteen years ago. The sun doesn't shine here in the winter. The sun became a bright spot in the clouds for a moment. It looked like a piss hole in the snow, and then it was gone. The snow along the roads looks like somebody threw coal dust on it. It is cold. The cars get filthy from the mud and salt combination. Uggghhh! It is awful. It's a good thing that my sister and five of the grandkids live here or I would not return next year. Summers here are wonderful but winters suck!
Oh well. Santa comes tonight, and the grandkids are wound up tight and probably won't sleep much. We are going to church tonight with one group of kids and then running over to another group to spend the night. I don't remember what the schedule is. Fortunately Pat does. I just go where I am told.
I talked to Nancy this morning. She is at her in-law's house. Little Will is getting bruised from all of the kisses. :?)
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home