Wednesday, January 28, 2009

oral cancer. My personal journey

I went to the dentist for my six month check up today. He had given me a prescription tooth paste just before my treatments began. He had told me that I would have to be very scrupulous regarding my dental care while I was undergoing treatment or I could develop major problems. Without saliva my teeth and gums would be suseptible to staph and other infections. I followed the regimen that he had prescribed for me pretty religiously, even when the chemo had sapped all of my strength.
He was impressed. He found nothing at all that concerned him and told me that I had made his day. I told him that he certainly had made my day.

I don't know yet what to say about the results of the hypnosis. I did eat a sweet potato with butter and salt and some dilled green beans last night. I can't say that they were enjoyable, but they weren't bad. I had a fried egg and a piece of toast for breakfast and a very small salad for lunch. None of this was intolerable, but it certainly was far from pleasant. I know that it is early and will see what develops. Believe me; I certainly want food to taste good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home