Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Ol' Curmudgeon Is Pissed!

I purchased a new computer a few months ago and it came with a 21" monitor and an Epsom printer. I have printed probably 8 or 10 pages with the black ink and am being told that it is time for me to purchase some more black ink. I have heard that Epsom sets their printers up with very little ink so that the purchaser has to run out and spend a lot of money on another cartridge almost immediately. I would refill my cartridges on my old printer but can't on this one because there is a computer chip in the cartridge that will not allow the cartridge to be reused even if I refill it! That pissed me off! I would gladly purchase a new cartridge if the price was anwhere near reasonable. (Which it ain't) so......I heard of a store ( Cartridge World) that refills cartridges for a few bucks. Thy will also tell me how to bypass the chip. The nearest one to me is in Richmond where I happen to go every few weeks. I will purchase a refilled cartridge the next time that I go that way. There are 650 Cartridge Worlds in the USA. Each of them must refill dozens of cartridges a day. Just think; Epsom and the othe printer manufacturers could bring their prices down somewhere near reasonable and have all of this business. What could they be thinking???? Duh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home