Monday, January 02, 2006

new book of poetry

I purchased a new book of poetry the other day and have had trouble laying it down. I have read it through once and have started through it again. I have not had much experience reading poetry that doesn't rhyme. This book is a compilation of many poets and most of the work doesn't rhyme. I have enjoyed it thoroughly. It is titled Good Poems For Hard Times, and is introduced by Garrison Keilor who expresses his views on poetry.
We leave for Virginia tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of here. The weather has been unbearable with constant clouds, rain, temps. averaging about 34, occasional wet sloppy, dirty snow that melts and is turned black beside the roads. UGGGGHHHH! The sun exposed itself for one hour yesterday. That is the only time that I haev seen it since the 20th of December.
We go to Florida for a week in January. Can't wait!!
The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home