Thursday, January 05, 2006

Made it home from Michigan

We arrived home last night about 7:00 pm and worked frantically to unload the van so that I wouldn't miss any of the Rose Bowl. What a game! Glenn, my brother-in-law, came to the house to watch it with me.
I spent the day taking down the outside Christmas decorations while Pat worked. The warm sunshine felt wonderful after fourteen days in the dregs of a piss poor Michigan winter. My sister Jan said that a Detroit weatherman stated that there had been only nine minutes of sunshine from the middle of December until Jannuary 5th. I couldn't wait to get back to the sunshine of Virginia.
My poem titled ,Sounding Board For Bad Taste was published in the Gloucester paper last week which made me feel pretty good.

The Ol' Curmudgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home