Tuesday, October 28, 2008

medications and delays

Yesterday I received some of the medications that I will need during treatment. I read the information sheet that came with each medication. One medication had an info sheet that didn’t belong with it. I called Medco and talked to a pharmacist about this problem and was told that it was okay and that the drug was in the same class as the drug that was prescribed. I am not comfortable with that and will talk to my doctor today or tomorrow about this situation.
Just the reading of the info sheets on these drugs will cure constipation!! The list of problems that might occur are down right scary. I have early Glaucoma in my left eye. All three meds say that they can affect Glaucoma. I called my opthamologist after reading this and he told me not to worry. He said that he would monitor my situation.
I received a phone call just now while typing this. It was from the radiation nurse. She stated that everything has been put on hold. Their department has hired a new physicist, and it is going to take him until sometime next week to finish my program. I was told that I shouldn’t worry, and that everything was okay. I don’t like this at all! I was geared up for starting radiation and chemo on Thursday. Now it will be sometime next week!! Bummer!! I feel that delay could give the cancer time to spread. I did receive my prescription of Ativan yesterday and it did help me sleep last night with little hang over this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home