Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

We went for a ride today. I just need to keep mobile. Normally, during the winter, I would be in my work shop building bird houses, but I can’t take the cold and the fumes from the kerosene heater would probably affect my throat. It’s tough just wasting each day.
I am about to face what I think will be the toughest period of the ordeal. I have chemo next Wednesday which means that I will be down for at least five days after that. I still have to be taken for my radiation treatment during this period. My throat is getting worse also, but the end is in sight. I pray for strength to get through this period. I know that I have said many times that I must live in the day, but sometimes I can’t help but think about where I may be in a few days.
I have been consuming enough calories between what I am eating and the tube feedings. My weight should be good on Monday. I can’t do much more than I am doing to maintain it. I am ahead of the game compared to most patients.
My sister and brother-in-law will arrive on the 23rd and will stay for a few days, and my daughter and her family will be here Christmas day. I hope that I am functional enough to enjoy the visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home