Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

Tomorrow I will have my last chemo. UGGHH! I talked to the chemo doctor yesterday and told her that she would be making me sick again in a couple of days. She told me that I should look at it as making me well. I guess that is a more positive way to look at it. Anyway, I am dreading it but at least it will be the last session of chemo.
I have seven more sessions with radiation and then I will be done. I can’t believe that it is almost over.
Pat talked to a lady today that had a similar treatment as I am having. She had throat cancer. She said that it took about six months for her to regain her taste. I hope that I get mine back much quicker.
My throat is sore but the pain is still manageable with 200 MG of Motrin every four hours. That’s good. The pain always seems to get worse in the evening. A fever seems to work the same way. I wonder why that is.
I don’t know how much blogging I will be doing over the next few days. It will all depend on how I feel. I have asked god for the strength to get through this. So far he hasn’t let me down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home