Wednesday, February 04, 2009

oral cancer. My personal journey

My wife and I have been trying to think of ways that I can get my oral calorie count up to 2500 calories a day. I want to get rid of this stomach tube. I decided to try taking the tube formula orally. I was afraid that it might have a terrible taste so I put a can of it in the blender then added a banana and 2 heaping tablespoons of honey. It tasted really good. I couldn't believe it. I ate enough today, even without that can of formula, that I got about 1800 calories anyway. I only used 2 cans of formula today. There are 160 calories in an 8 ounce glass of grape juice, and 160 in an 8 ounce glass of whole milk so I began drinking 2 glasses of each today. Both of these items are easy to get down. I also found that I can increase the calorie count of a sweet potato by slathering it with butter and then adding a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar. The rest of the food that I ate today was no different than taking medicine. It had virtually no flavor. I ate it because I had too, but I got it dwn okay. Maybe this hypnosis thing is helping. I wil try to get another session before I leave for vacation on the 12th of February. I will call the doctor tomorrow and make an appointment to get this tube removed.
I had another great day today. It's amazing how joyous life can be when I live only one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home