Sunday, February 08, 2009

oral cancer. My personal journey

The doctor doesn't want me to have the tube removed yet. He says that many of the people who have it removed this early start losing weight and then want it put back in. I have an appointment with him on Wednesday. I will decide by then. I really am getting enough calories though. I eat what everyone else is eating even if I can't taste it, and I mix up two shakes a day by using a can of formula each time blended with fruit, honey and fortified milk or yogurt. Each shake gives me approx. 550 calories. I haven't used the tube in 3 days. I am confident that I can eat enough. I believe that the hypnosis has helped. My only concern with having the tube removed is that the PET scan on March 25th might show something and then I would have to have it put back in. Still; I don't know whether I want to leave it in for 5 more weeks. It really is an inconvenience. The dressing has to be changed every day even if I am not using the tube for feeding. It has to be flushed every day with water also, and I am afraid that I am going to get it caught on something and pull it out.
The temperature today approaced 70 degrees. My sister and brother-in-law are visiting. We went to York town and walked all along the river, and then we took a drive down to Jamestown. Motorcycles and convertibles were everywhere. Everyone wanted to be outside today. The warmth felt wonderful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home