Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween

Pat and I went to her mom’s house in Richmond on Thursday. I cut the grass that afternoon and then we washed windows for her on Friday. We left her mom’s place about 2:00 and went to my daughter Nancy’s place, in Chesterfield, so that we could trick or treat with my three year old grandson Will. He has decided that fire fighters are the coolest people in the whole world and has all of the gear to prove it. It was settled days ago that he would be a fire fighter on Halloween. That is until his other grandma sent him a policeman hat. He had to wear that too. So there he was, fire fighter from the neck down and cop from the neck up. We had a great time. It had been years since I had actually gone trick or treating. Will would walk up to a front door; Knock; and then say, “Trick or treating!” in his small soft voice. It was a joyous evening.
We called the radiation doctor’s office on Thursday to see if they had set up a time for the first radiation treatment yet. They promised to call back but never did. We did not have their phone number with us so we couldn’t call them. I want to get this thing started! It’s funny. I can forget for brief periods that I have cancer but it is never really out of my mind. I can not sleep without taking a Ativan. My mind will not stop racing even when I am not thinking about cancer. I read something that I really appreciated. I will share it.
What cancer can’t do
Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple love
It cannot cripple hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal the eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home