Monday, March 09, 2009

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I worked in the yard today trying to catch up on the yard work after 3 weeks in Florida. There was certainly plenty to do. We had a severe storm while we were gone. The neighbor said that the winds were clocked at 60 MPH. A tall pine that was beside our driveway snapped off about 25 feet above the ground. It took out the pole with the night light that was on our neighbors property and then fell across his driveway. He had it cut up and removed before we got home. There was plenty of cleanup to do in the rest of the yard though. I found out that my upper body is very weak yet. My chain saw felt like it weighed 100 pounds. I worked from 9:30 this morning until 2:00 this afternoon and feel whipped. I guess that laying around for 4 1/2 months sapped my strength. I will have to go at it a little more slowly for a while. I am not used to that way of working. Usually I go at it full bore.
I will be working at the marina again this summer. I talked to my boss today. She said that she will need me for sure starting in May but that I could start coming in now and help clean the place up. I will consider starting next week. In the mean time there is plenty to do in my own yard. I bought seeds today and tilled a section of the garden. I will start building a fence tomorrow. The rabbits will get everything if I don't. The deer walked through my shrubbery by the front door and ate buds off of some of the azaleas. I told Pat that they may have to go. She said, "Yeah right! You are going to shoot a deer right in the middle of a subdivision?" I guess that I better not. They do taste so good though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home