Tuesday, November 04, 2008

chemo and radiation to begin

I received a phone call at about 6:00 last night asking me to come in today (Tues) to have films taken of my neck. I was told that radiation and chemo would begin on Wednesday. I am more than ready to begin and yet nervous about all of it. I start projecting my thoughts into the future. I begin to think about all of the things that may happen. I have to immediately call myself back to the moment. I have gotten to be fairly good at that. I must live only in the moment. I must deal with today only. Tomorrow I will deal with tomorrow. I don’t want to let the ,”could happens.” of tomorrow steal the joy from today.
I have received several of my prescriptions in the mail, but am not sure when to take each one. I will take them with me today so that I can check everything with the doctors. I may also need to get more prescriptions before tomorrow. It is hard to keep track of it all. I have a pocket voice recorder that I carry everywhere with me. I enter questions as I think of them. I trust nothing to my memory anymore.
The swollen lymph gland in my neck has begun to cause some discomfort. The Ear Nose and Throat doctor told me some time ago that the swelling there would go down fairly quickly. I hope that he is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home