Thursday, November 13, 2008

Motrin? The answer?

Wow! What a beautiful moon last night. Pat and I went outside to look at it for a while as the clouds drifted past. I was reminded of a line from the poem The Highwayman. “ The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas.” It surprises me how many times a line from a poem will pop into my head.
I was telling my sister today how I just don’t feel good. I don’t know how else to describe it. She asked me if I could take Motrin. She said that it took the edge off for her on days when she felt that way. I asked the chemo nurse if Motrin was okay for me to take under the present conditions and she said that it was. It did make a difference, at least for now.
I had my seventh radiation treatment today. I again got through it without Ativan.
I feel like I need a nap a couple times during the day, but can’t quite get my mind relaxed enough. The phone rings when I do fall asleep. I will try an Ativan tomorrow and see if that helps.
Pat had some things that needed doing this morning so a friend drove me in for my treatment. Today was picture day which adds about ten minutes to the ordeal.
It has been raining here all day. I dressed in my wet gear this afternoon and went for a twenty minute walk in the rain. It was beautiful with the wet leaves all over the road, and the light reflecting in the puddles.
I find that I am always restless. I am not a person who just lays around. I feel like I need to be accomplishing something and don’t have the energy.
One more treatment this week and then two days off.
GOODY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home