Tuesday, November 11, 2008

one more marble

I removed one more marble from the bowl this morning. Man they are going slowly! I had my fifth dose of radiation today. It is still very unsettling to have my head and neck secured to a table by a mask. There is absolutely no room for movement. Once again a half of a milligram of Ativin helped. I just hate to keep taking it everyday. I take a music CD with me each day and the nurses play it for me while I lay strapped to the table. It helps to relax me.
When the radiation first begins I say to myself,“ Kill it!” Then I lay there and try to think about far away things.
It amazes me how so many things that I took so seriously have taken a very back seat in my life. Getting well trumps every other concern.
I just wish that I could get my strength back. I am not used to having anything wrong with me other than the usual old age crap!
Tomorrow I will read one of my poems at the annual meeting of the Chesapeake Bay Writers. I am excited about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home