Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not a good one

Today was not one of the good ones. I didn’t sleep well last night for some reason, and that can make a huge difference. I felt sick all day long. Both of my inner ears are fluid filled and ring all the time, and my throat is starting to get a little sore from the radiation. A prelude of what’s to come no doubt. I just wanted to lay down but there were to many things to do. I had to have blood drawn at the chemo center and then radiation at the usual 9:45. So it didn’t matter how I felt. Things had to be done. Pat is doing most of the driving now. I get to gaze at the scenery for a while. I realized half way to the center that I had forgotten to take an Ativan which meant that I had to be attached to the table with nothing to calm me. Surprisingly I was okay. I have been taking different kinds of music with me. Today I took the sound track from Oh Brother Where Art Thou. A lot of old spiritual music there.
Today was also the annual meeting of the Chesapeake Bay Writers club at Warner Hall. I look forward to this event all year. There is a wonderful gourmet luncheon followed by a session where writers can read their material in a friendly competition if they desire. I skipped the luncheon because I didn’t know whether I would be able to taste anything and beside that I thought that I might not be able to stay mobile for too long of a period. Pat and I had lunch at Appleby’s instead. Two years ago I won the Rick Bailey award for humor. Last year I won the Rick Bailey award for humor and first place over all. This year I won the Bailey award for humor again! So even though I felt like crap something really good happened today. The bad part was that I was moving from 8:45 until 4:30 when all that I really wanted to do was crash. I don’t understand this chemo. Yesterday I felt a lot better than I did today. I thought that each day would get a little better. Maybe tomorrow will be one of the good ones. I have had six radiation treatments so far.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One cannibal looked at the other and asked “Does this clown taste funny to you?” Sorry!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home