Friday, November 07, 2008

Third day after chemo! Ughhh!!

This is the third day after chemo. It sucks!! I have continual hiccups that are actually starting to hurt. Pat is picking up a prescription of Thorazine at this moment. Yesterday I went to radiation by myself. I didn’t feel very good but thought that I could handle the drive. Pat had given me a list of places to stop. I felt worse before I arrived home, and laid down. My daughter and three grandchildren arrived from Ohio late in the afternoon. I was glad to see them all. They keep my mind in the right place. Even though just watching them tires me out!
There was no way that I could get to radiation by myself today! I feel absolutely rotten! I am fatigued, bloated, light headed and generally weak. The anti-nausea drugs have done the job as far as keeping me from vomiting. I can keep food down but on the other hand I can’t get rid of it, hence the bloating. One of the anti-nausea drugs side effects believe it or not is that it can cause nausea. It just controls the vomiting. It is a three pill system and I took the last one today. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow. I have also had indigestion and have been told to take Prilosec which I am doing.
So far the radiation is not causing me any pain which is very good.
Once again, One day at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home