Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Oral cancer. My personal journey

I finally started feeling a little better late Monday evening. I have found that the chemo knocks me down for five days, and I mean knocks me down! I got more strength back today and had my 18 radiation treatment which puts me just past the half way point. My throat is a little sore tonight but still manageable with Motrin.
I had enough energy today to go for about a quarter mile walk. I could have walked farther but thought better of it after having not done a thing in the five days. I didn’t want to push my luck. I rested for a while and then used the leaf blower on the driveway. 600 MG of Motrin take the rough feelings away which helps. I am certainly not looking forward to my next round of chemo that’s for sure!! I would rather go fifteen minutes with a Grizzly Bear than go five days with chemo.
I got some email addresses for hypnosis therapists today from the internet. I emailed them re: information On whether they thought that hypnosis may be able to at least alleviate this terrible taste for food. Hopefully I will get an answer or two from them tomorrow. I wouldn’t expect everything to taste wonderful. Just make it tolerable.
Nine cases of food supplements were delivered this afternoon. The home nurse will come to the house tomorrow to re-instruct us in the proper use of the feeding tube and we will begin using it immediately to augment my diet. The full color pamphlet that came with the supplement showed several people happily enjoying their tubes. One guy was sitting on his lawn tractor smiling out at me. Another was showing his apparatus to his beaming wife. You would have thought that they were admiring their new BMW. I don’t believe that I would make a good poster child for them. The whole idea of the tube repulses me, A fourteen inch tube protruding from one’s chest is not glamorous? So far I have done everything that I have been told would help me and I will do this also.
Feeling good again really feels good!!!
One day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home